The truth is I just left hell, I mean if want a definition for depression on how it feels it probably feels like hell. It’s like you are caged in your own mind, like a maze. You can speak but nobody listen. The problem is that to find the way out you need to go into that maze. That is what I did. During my 18 ironmans I learned when you are in hell mine as well become friends with the Devil, but to do that I had to dive into the pain. Ironman for me was great because the physical pain helped me with the emotional pain and honestly what’s better than hours of training and racing to feel pain? I was a slave of pain!
During my scape from hell I spent a lot of time listening to music, all kinds of music but predominantly heavy metal and punk rock, they were my real training partner. Music was the only thing that for years made me not feel alone, until I met my wife. She never lied to me, and she believed me from day one when I said I was going to be a professional triathlete. Even having all the odds against me. She also believed me when I said I could beat depression. So. I went thru to find out the cause of my depression, I changed so much that probably feels like she married another man, however my essence was always punk. She has always supported my insanity proving that I was not alone, and loving me unconditionally.
After Luke was born I realized that was the biggest reason of my depression was existential, and who created the problem was religion. More precisely the catholic religion. During my existential crisis I realized they are all religions are the same, with the same judgments as everybody else. They all put you in a box, and try to tell you that the box is love, and everything else around you is not, even your own feelings. I mean, in all religions rock and roll is the deivls song. But how come rock and roll is bad if literally saved my soul. Not only that, it helped me scape hell. A hell that religion put me in to begging with. I mean, they don’t even stop to listen, it’s just pure judgmental and not inclusive at all. That is not love. Therefore they can’t fucking talk about love, because they infect give love a bad name.
During my meditations I started to put the dots together and I realized that I could be a prophecy because I am gifted in so many ways, by the same “God” that I was told was going to send me to hell. A friend told me once “you are the most rock and roll person I know”. So, lets translate that to I am the least holy person in the world and not worth it of “God’s love”, but Rock and Roll was always there to make sure I was not alone. I mean, is so ironically perfect, and it would be a shame if the story was not told. You know, many people say irony is the face of “God.” So, I am putting all the details in a book – Punkaste, my way out of depression, but here it is a glance of my prophecy:
- I was born on international yoga day. Yoga means unity.
- During my life I learned how it feels to be different, and silenced. But I also learned about fighting the odds. Odds of quit smoking is 7.2% (check), odds of becoming a professional athlete 1.5% (check), the odds of finding your soul mate in this world I have no idea, but check. The odds of fighting depression I don’t know either, but check. The odds of men that talk about love, I don’t know but I am doing.
- Life gave me a kid that is totally different, that was born fighting the odds with a super power of turning love in people with a simple smile and loves music.
- Life now is giving a another kid with an energy that I can’t explain. From what I know is that until week 35 she was breech and we fought the odds to turn her naturally, again after hearing doctors saying it was impossible.
- I was gifted of being good with kids, and with the ability of reinvent kids music. I honestly made 7 songs for the album in one day, still needs improvement but the fact I can make an air guitar song into a real one is pretty cool, maybe be a stupid super power but it is one. Now why reinvent kids songs? Have you noticed how religious they are? I know better than anyone else that music can teach a lot. What better way to then teaching kids about unity and love with music?
Now, what are the odds of picking a fight with Religion? Probably pretty low but I don’t care about fighting the odds because that is the joy of life, and osho said once spirituality is joy. Being alive is too much fun and fighting the odds is what makes life fun. But why pick a fight with Religion, I would say why not? I am a trouble maker and I am fool enough to do so.
In my comedy video in Portuguese I said what I wanted Religion to do, but I realized now I want more. Here are my claims:
- Religion to apologize for all Rock and Roll lovers. All religions need to apologize.
- Pay for my therapy and damages of my imagine. I say 3 million is good for me and my family. Part of the $ will be used to create cartoons, music, to teach kids about unity. Also, money to build a weed farm to distribute for the people in need for medicine that deal with mental health.
- The pope to kiss my feet and say that I am the greatest punk. (LOL)
- And the truth about aliens 👽.
The prophecy is been written and it had began: Punkaste, the Wygands conspiracy. Because peace without a voice is not peace is fear. Maybe one day this blog will get to the Pope….(LOL)!