This last punk rule is where Rirou have more authority to talk, since he have been on a diet since at least 13 years old. Diet and exercise. Weight was one of Rirou’s biggest issue, besides Religion if you haven’t figure it out.
Rirou have tried pretty much all diets in the planet, honestly, he done vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan, keto, paleo and carnivore. He also played around with detox and natural supplements. Rirou also tried several different training approaches. He just wanted to find out how he could perform his best without drugs so he tried it all. Add to that, the fact that Rirou had an obsession with being skinny since very early childhood.
At the age of 33 Rirou in theory achieved his perfect body with 6% body fat, but at a huge cost: his health. The crazy part of all, is that was he still didn’t like his body. Even with 6% body he could not run shirtless, or even look at his own eyes in the mirror. Rirou was killing himself in his workouts and eating the “cleanest” and yet he was sick and not happy.
After 10 years training as hard as he could, trying all diets he had achieved the dream body but he was sick. Rirou was having hot flashes, yes a 33 year old man can have hot flashes! His thyroid has fucked up and his was almost pre diabetic.
Rirou started to unlearn what he had learned about health and did what he did best, he challenged the status quo like a good punk he is. He started to realized that:
- Athletes are not healthy (90%+), and they take a lot of shit to be “healthy”. There are a small % that don’t take.
- Skinny does not mean healthy.
- You don’t need to exercise a lot, neither every day to be healthy. Is actually quite the opposite.
- You don’t need to eat every 3 hours, neither have to have 3 meals a day, and breakfast is not the most important meal of the day.
- Food and exercise are totally related with how you feel, since both of them are easy ways numb our emotions (at least for Rirou). Rirou was the living prof of that (definitely more on this topic coming).
That was very hard for Rirou because he had realized that he was repeating the same mistake as before but in the other side on the spectrum. He was again addicted (he substituted the cigarette addiction to exercise) and sick. That is when this punk rule started, a simple concept of eating and training like you give a f*ck about yourself. Now, he eats when he is hungry, what he feels like it (real food), skateboards and do yoga when he feels like it. Health is at it’s best, with energy and weight is stable.
This quarantine was being good for Rirou, he was finally understanding how he felt, I guess going to preschool with Luke was helping. Today is Tuesday April 14th, and it was the day before therapy and Rirou did not even have his PTW (male pms). He did not even think he had much to talk in therapy…